Saturday, October 9, 2010

State Fair of Texas

We had some computer issues last week so I wasn't able to update the blog. I still have a ton of pictures to post from our trip to see Nani and DaDa so I'll try to update over the next several days. We took Caroline to the State Fair while we were up in Dallas. Caroline had such a blast and is at a great age for the fair now.

Here we are starting our adventure at the Fair.

We arrived early so Momma and Caroline played by the fountains while we waited for the exhibits to open.

Of course we had to stick our feet in the water.


Then we went to check out some of the animals. They have several animals in cages as you walk through the Fair on the way to the petting zoo.

After checking out the animals in cages, we hit the petting zoo. I think Momma may have enjoyed it as much (and probably more) than Caroline. Check out the giraffe. Caroline looks TERRIFIED, but it was pretty cool feeding the giraffe.


The goats were a little less intimidating...

Then we checked out the donkey.


We camped out here for awhile (as you can see Caroline signing "more!"). We saw cows, alpacas (Momma's favorite), more zebras, goats and even camels.


We ended the petting zoo with the kangaroos.